- Roe V. Wade legalized abortion in January of 1973.
- In the U.S., there are about 1 million abortions every year.
- There have been over 60,000,000 abortions since 1973.
- Most abortions occur between 4-12 weeks of development.
- Adolescents account for 18% of all the abortions in the U.S.
- 15 children are adopted for every 1,000 aborted.
“The reader should be aware that abortion statistics are often hard to obtain, and those statistics that are available are frequently inaccurate." (Source: Johnston Archive)