- Teen mothers who are on welfare by the time their child is five years old: 8 out of 10
- Teen mothers who will NOT graduate from high school: 6 out of 10
- Teen dads who will marry the teen mother of their child: 2 out of 10
- 59% of those couples who do marry will end in divorce
- Teen moms who will have a college diploma by age 30: Fewer than 2 out of 100.
- The poverty rate for children born to unmarried, high school drop-out teen mothers: 78%
- The cost to parent a child in the first year of life: $10,000-$15,000
- Here is a calculator that will show in total how much it will cost to raise a child, from infancy to college, in your specific region.