About Teen Parenting
Questions Teen Parents need to Ask:
- Who are the Pregnancy Care Centers or Health Care Providers near me?
- What are my Child Care Options?
- What are my Financial Obligations?
- What are my other options?
Statistics about Teen Parenting:
- Teen mothers who are on welfare by the time their child is one years old: 63%
- Teen mothers who will graduate from high school: 4 out of 10
- Teen dads who will marry the teen mother of their child: 2 out of 10
- Teen couples who marry that statically will end in divorce: 59%
- Teen moms who will have a college diploma by the age of 30: Less than 2%
- The poverty rate for children born to unmarried, high school drop-out teen mothers: 78%
- The cost to parent a child in the first year of life: $12,000-$15,000
- Here is a calculator that will show in total how much it will cost to raise a child, from infancy to college, in your specific region.
Things Pregnancy Centers Provide:
- Pregnancy Options and Counseling
- Pregnancy Testing
- Confidential Peer Counseling
- Support Services
- Maternity & Baby Items
- Agency Referrals
- Information on Adoption
- Post Abortion Recovery Program